Ticket #7420 (closed bug: worksforme)
Search call is not triggered on certain typing events in an autocomplete field
|Reported by:||ebunton||Owned by:|
Behaviour can be reproduced reliably on the jQuery UI Autocomplete demo page:
- Type "ja" into the field. Results appear. OK
- Double-click the "ja" and ctrl-x. Results disappear. OK
- Blur the field. Focus on the field, paste "ja" (ctrl-v). Results appear. OK
- Blur the field. Results disappear. OK
- While "ja" is still in the search field, double-click it to select all and then type in "ja" at an normal typing speed (i.e. not too slowly). Results do not appear. ERROR
- While "ja" is still in the search field, double-click it to select all and then ctrl-v "ja" on top of itself. Results do not appear. ERROR
As you can see, under certain, fairly ordinary conditions, the autocomplete does not trigger.
(Reproducible in Safari 5.0.5, Firefox 4, Chrome 12)
I am using it with a JSON-P ajax-y type arrangement in a large project, and this is causing a poor impression of the auto-complete search field (i.e. it sometimes doesn't work).
What can be done about this in the interim, before a fix is done?
I need this to work reliably. Thanks!
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to worksforme