Ticket #7863 (closed bug: notabug)
Datepicker: Inline accessibility
|Reported by:||ezufelt||Owned by:|
Firefox 8.0 JAWS 13 Datepicker demos http://view.jqueryui.com/branches/datepicker/datepicker-rewrite/index.html
- Application mode is not enabled when arriving at date picker, so can only interact with control using links (prev, next, numeric dates) by pressing enter / space. Cannot use up / down and left / right arrows to navigate the grid, and cannot use pgup / pgdown / alt + pgup / alt + pgdown.
If application mode is enabled manually (JAWS key + z) and I tab to the datepicker I can use all key combinations.
- 'Prev' and 'Next' links do not have clear purpose.
- No indication what has changed when clicking 'next'. JAWS does not announce 'December 2011'.
- Component changed from [meta] ui.dev to ui.datepicker
- Component changed from ui.datepicker to [meta] ui.dev