UI datepicker's defaultDate UI is confusing - please add some kind of todayDate option
|Reported by:||mesoconcepts||Owned by:|
I've this weird use-case, which leads to rather confusing defaultDate UI:
- The application lives in its server's time (EST)
- I'm currently in Europe (CEST)
- It's around 1am my time. Server time is 7pm "yesterday" ;-)
- I use the defaultDate option to set the default date for the date picker to the server's time, as it should be
The fact of the matter is that I'd really need a todayDate option, rather than a defaultDate option. The todayDate option would override the browser's date, and be used as the defaultDate if the latter is not set separately.
At any rate, the current behavior, with the smoothness theme, when an empty date field is focused in the above-described setup:
- datepicker highlights today's date (server date, set using defaultDate) in light grey
- datepicker highlights today's date (my date) in orange (prominent)
The expected behavior, since the app is server-time centric:
- datepicker highlights today's date (server date, set using defaultDate) in orange (prominent)
- datepicker highlights today's date (my date) in light grey
Thanks in advance!