Opened 8 years ago

Closed 8 years ago

Last modified 8 years ago

#6793 closed bug (worksforme)

On Init() HTML Container is display: block

Reported by: samishii23 Owned by:
Priority: minor Milestone: 1.9.0
Component: ui.datepicker Version: 1.8.7
Keywords: Cc:
Blocked by: Blocking:

Description

When I call .datepicker() a box outline with no content appears at the bottom screen.

Setup: Make a button, and text box, have button called .datepicker() (no options for me). Click button, and the above mentioned box appears.

When you click on the textbox, the box disappears and stays gone.

Change History (8)

comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by Scott González

This sounds like you're using an old version of datepicker. Please ensure you're using jQuery UI 1.8.7.

comment:2 Changed 8 years ago by samishii23

I had just re-downloaded all of jQuery-UI a couple days ago because I was having a script error with the draggable feature, and I was about to report it when I noticed it had been updated.

comment:3 Changed 8 years ago by Scott González

I'm confused. Are you still seeing the problem?

comment:4 Changed 8 years ago by samishii23

Yep. It only happens on the initial initialization. After you click on the textbox and the datepicker opens, it disapears. Tried in Chrome, FF 3/4, and IE doesn't like my personal code... Ugh

comment:5 Changed 8 years ago by Scott González

Please provide a reduced test case. Your original description doesn't make sense since you can't call .datepicker() on a button element.

comment:6 Changed 8 years ago by ilok

This is because the new widgetnow depends on this new css attribute. Not a bug, but it's suprising having to update the css in addition to the js file.

.ui-datepicker { display: none

comment:7 Changed 8 years ago by Scott González

Resolution: worksforme
Status: newclosed

The themes are part of the code. We don't support using the .js files without the .css files.

comment:8 Changed 8 years ago by samishii23

Assuming both jQuery and jQueryUI scripts are called here...

<script>
function doTest() {
$("#inText").datepicker();
}
</script>

<button onClick="doTest()">Click Me!!!</button>
<input type="text" id="inText">

This is exactly what I used outside of my program to see if there was anything else that may have been interfering with the datapicker() function.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.