Opened 8 years ago

Closed 8 years ago

Last modified 8 years ago

#7418 closed bug (worksforme)

jQuery UI DatePicker bug in IE9

Reported by: ebhoren Owned by:
Priority: minor Milestone: 1.9.0
Component: ui.datepicker Version: 1.8.13
Keywords: Cc:
Blocked by: Blocking:

Description

The jQuery ui DatePicker component is not working on IE9. I'm using Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421 on Windows 7.

Here is the error thrown to console SCRIPT65535: Undefined Object jquery.min.js, Line 16, Character 55835

Taken directly from the demo page.

Change History (4)

comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by Scott González

Resolution: worksforme
Status: newclosed

Works fine for me.

comment:2 Changed 8 years ago by henna

Replying to scott.gonzalez:

Works fine for me.

Not for me! Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit; IE 9 (freshly installed); Datepicker is not working - same Error. jQuery's demonstration page fails too. Works only if i set to compatibility mode. Please reopen.

Last edited 8 years ago by henna (previous) (diff)

comment:3 Changed 8 years ago by ajpiano

Works fine for me in IE9 on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit on the same revision of Internet Explorer.

comment:4 in reply to:  description Changed 8 years ago by walkswiththebear

Replying to ebhoren: I had a very similar problem: IE9, datepicker demo on the jQueryUI page *did* work, but datepicker in my code did not work. Also, plain jQuery was having a lot of problems. I found out that all this was due to the fact that I was running the 32-bit version of IE9 on my 64-bit machine. Running IE9 64-bit solved all problems.

This problem is potentially vicious because when installing IE9, it will always install 32-bit and 64-bit. Moreover, when you type "iexplore" in the "Search for Programs" box, you get one result "iexplore.exe", which is the 32-bit version. So it's somewhat likely that a user ends up running the 32-bit version.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.