Ticket #5637 (closed bug: fixed)
Dialog: Dimensions of reused overlay may cause scrollbars
|Reported by:||mkemmerling||Owned by:|
The dialog overlay reuses old instances to work around an IE memory leak with alpha transparency. This might result in a too large overlay if the window is rescaled in between successive uses of the dialog.
To reproduce the bug open the modal form demo in a wide browser window and
- Open the 'Create new user' dialog and cancel it.
- Make the browser window smaller.
- Reopen the dialog.
The window has now a horizontal scroll bar due to a too wide overlay.
Workaround: Set the overlay's width and height to 0, either before destroying it or before setting its dimensions on creation.
- Status changed from new to open
- Summary changed from Dimensions of reused dialog overlay to Dialog: Dimensions of reused overlay may cause scrollbars
- Status changed from open to closed
- Resolution set to fixed