Ticket #5982 (closed bug: fixed)
Autocomplete: Race condition causes incorrect suggestions
|Reported by:||cardmeister||Owned by:|
This condition occurs when using a remote data source and is described by the following sequence:
(Note, "termA" and "termB" in this description are simply placeholders for any valid search term.)
1) User input meets minLength and delay requirements and search for termA begins.
2) Before results for termA are returned, user continues typing and triggers another search for termB.
3) termB results are returned while termA results are still pending.
4) termB results are displayed (as expected)
5) termA results are returned, and are displayed. User now has incorrect suggestions displayed.
This is easiest replicated by a using a back-end script which creates an artificially long delay for termA.
- Status changed from new to closed
- Summary changed from Race Condition causes incorrect suggestions to Autocomplete: Race condition causes incorrect suggestions
- Resolution set to fixed
- Milestone changed from TBD to 1.9