Ticket #7639 (closed feature: fixed)
Key up/key down in textarea's should optionally not toggle auto-complete
|Reported by:||meh-cfl||Owned by:||meh-cfl|
If you attach the auto-complete plugin to an input field it makes perfect sense to suppress the up/down arrow key actions and use them instead for the auto-complete popup. However if you attach the auto-complete plugin to a text area it prevents you from moving your cursor around the text area with the up/down arrow keys which is annoying.
Steps to reproduce:
- Load an HTML document with a <textarea> element with JQuery UI auto-complete attached.
- Add a multi-line piece of text to the text area.
- Press up arrow/down arrow to navigate around the text in the text area.
Expected: The up/down arrow should allow you to move around the text area if the auto-complete popup isn't currently visible or they should be optionally configurable to do so.
Actual: The up/down arrow work with the auto-complete list instead - even if the auto-complete field isn't currently visible.
Note: Looking at the code on git its an issue there as well.
An example of this is available at: http://jsbin.com/ujowiq
- Owner set to meh-cfl
- Status changed from new to pending
comment:13 Changed 2 years ago by scott.gonzalez
- Status changed from new to open
- Type changed from bug to feature
comment:15 Changed 2 years ago by meh-cfl
- Status changed from open to closed
- Resolution set to fixed