Ticket #7734 (closed bug: fixed)
Draggable: HTML IDs are removed when dragging to a Sortable
|Reported by:||azaozz||Owned by:||mikesherov|
This was introduced in #4564 as a bug fix but seems to cause more problems than it fixes.
The patch removes the ID from the draggable element (but doesn't remove the IDs from any child elements) preventing proper handling of that element when it's dropped in the sortable. This breaks the Widgets page in WordPress among other things.
Furthermore this patch doesn't solve the problem of duplicate IDs. If there are child elements with IDs, they still create duplicates.
The solution imho would be to revert that patch, then update the documentation on using both draggable + sortable together. The draggable elements should be without IDs or the author should handle the duplicate IDs.
(Would have set the ticket type as regression if it was available.)
- Summary changed from HTML IDs are removed when dragging an item from a Draggable to a Sortable to Draggable: HTML IDs are removed when dragging to a Sortable
- Status changed from new to open
- Type changed from feature to bug
- Owner set to mikesherov
- Status changed from open to assigned
- Milestone changed from 2.0.0 to none
comment:8 Changed 36 minutes ago by Mike Sherov
- Status changed from assigned to closed
- Resolution set to fixed