Ticket #8234 (closed feature: fixed)
Autocomplete: Automatic race-condition handling for custom sources
|Reported by:||sexconker||Owned by:||sexconker|
I'm testing with JQuery 1.7.2 and JQueryUI 1.9m7.
I have an autocomplete that hits up page via AJAX. Regardless of the delay set, I can get a race condition to trigger, but it is easiest to get it to trigger when the delay is 0. It does not depend on whether or not autoFocus is true or false.
The top half of the image shows the correct result set being returned after typing in "he". The bottom half shows the incorrect result set being returned. The result set returned in the bottom half of the image is the correct result set for "h".
The input no longer has the bug where characters are seemingly deleted. For that behavior, it seemed as if the result was setting the input's value to what it was when the old AJAX request was initiated, thus overriding any typing since that request was made.
It now seems as if the input field's value is set to what it was when the most resent result was sent (fixing the "character deletion" bug), but the incorrect (not the most recent) result set can still show.
- Owner set to sexconker
- Status changed from new to pending
- Type changed from bug to feature
- Summary changed from More Autocomplete Race Conditions to Autocomplete: Automatic race-condition handling for custom sources
- Status changed from open to closed
- Resolution set to fixed
- Version changed from git to 1.8.18
- Milestone changed from 1.9 to 1.8.19