Dialog: Focus management should honor isDefaultPrevented
|Reported by:||benshu||Owned by:|
- The last tabbable element within a dialog has the focus.
- The user presses the tab key.
- The dialog registers the keydown event of the tab key.
- The dialog moves the focus to the first tabbable element of the dialog.
Currently there is no way to prevent the described bahavior. If an independent listener tries to move the focus somewhere else, it is "overriden" by jQuery UI dialog. Because the dialog widget moves the focus with a delay of 1ms there is no reasonable workaround.
I contend that isDefaultPrevented() should be checked and that the focus should only be moved if it returns false.
Change History (6)
comment:2 Changed 3 years ago by scottgonzalez
- Summary changed from modal dialog focus magic does not respect isDefaultPrevented to Dialog: Focus management should honor isDefaultPrevented
comment:5 Changed 3 years ago by scottgonzalez
- Milestone changed from none to 1.11.0
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from open to closed