All: Use AMD loader in demos and tests
|Reported by:||jzaefferer||Owned by:|
For discussion: If we were to use an AMD loader in our demos and tests, replacing the individual script elements (demos) our custom script loader (tests), we could also simplify the UMD wrappers in our source files: Instead of using the relatively complicated UMD wrappers, we'd use plain define calls to specify dependencies and the factory function, then extend that at build time to include the full UMD wrapper. The unique parts are the dependencies and accordingly the parameters of the factory function, so it should be reasonable to generate the rest.
This would simplify the source files, reduce maintenance of demos, replace our custom script loader in tests and make it more reasonable to split modules into smaller chunks that can be shared across widgets. Currently we have core collecting various shared functions, which could then be split into individual files that are defined as dependencies as needed.
Change History (58)
comment:4 Changed 3 years ago by scottgonzalez
- Milestone changed from none to 1.11.2
- Priority changed from minor to blocker
- Status changed from new to open
- Version changed from git to 1.11.1
comment:6 Changed 3 years ago by scottgonzalez
- Summary changed from All: Use AMD loader in demos and tests and simplify UMD to All: Use AMD loader in demos and tests
comment:37 Changed 20 months ago by Alexander Schmitz
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from open to closed