Button: Labels with implicit controls are not converted to buttons.
|Reported by:||SiCo||Owned by:|
|Keywords:||label, button, html||Cc:|
It appears that the button widget doesn't support the use case of the input being inside the label tag.
The W3 spec (a the bottom of the section 17.9 http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/forms.html#h-17.9
The widget creates the buttons however doesn't allow selection. In Firefox 3.6.9 you can double click them to select (however it also selects the text label). This is obviously not as intended.
As a work around the html can be changed, to put the label next to the input. Some frameworks (i.e. Zend Framework) do not output their markup like this though (which is how the problem has come about).
Change History (14)
comment:12 Changed 4 years ago by bchiasson
- Status changed from new to open
- Summary changed from Button doesn't support radio input inside label. to Button: Labels with implicit controls are not converted to buttons.
- Version changed from 1.8.4 to 1.9.0
comment:13 Changed 4 years ago by jzaefferer
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from open to closed