Accordion: Fix ARIA semantics
|Reported by:||cannona||Owned by:|
|Keywords:||accessibility a11y aria accordion||Cc:|
If the aria-selected property could be set on expanded items, that would help screen reader users to know which folds were open.
I realize that aria-selected isn't the most semantically accurate ARIA property we could use, and that it would probably be more accurate to use aria-expanded, but expanded doesn't seem to be supported for anything other than treeviews with Jaws 11. So, the choice here is between something that works but is a bit inaccurate, or something that doesn't work but is accurate.
Change History (3)
comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by scottgonzalez
- Milestone changed from TBD to 1.9
- Priority changed from trivial to major
comment:2 Changed 5 years ago by scottgonzalez
- Priority changed from major to blocker
- Status changed from new to open
- Summary changed from Add aria-selected or aria-expanded to Accordion to Accordion: Fix ARIA semantics
- Type changed from enhancement to feature