Combobox: Doesn't handle destroy
|Reported by:||perlpunk||Owned by:|
I decided to adapt your example of a combobox in the Autocomplete documentation for my interface and found a slight issue while using it.
- While looking through the UI.Autocomplete widget I found that the option 'appendTo' is not in the documentation on the web site; which is very useful option by the way. It seems to be listed for some controls but not all that its available for. The follow is has appendTo as an undocumented option: Autocomplete, Selectable, and Sortable
- The bug with the Combobox example comes when using it in an area on the page that has its content regularly reloaded, like on a timer. The autocomplete lists for the input/combobox become orphaned. This is because they are a child of the BODY not the parent of the SELECT, which is eventually unloaded. This really isn't a huge issue though I found just adding; 'appendTo: select.parent()' to the widget _create function fixed the issue.
Nevertheless- still love the interface, keep up the good work!
Change History (3)
comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by scottgonzalez
- Component changed from [meta] ui.docs to ui.autocomplete
- Status changed from new to open
- Summary changed from appendTo undocumented and Autocomplete Combobox Example bug to Combobox: Doesn't handle destroy
comment:2 Changed 5 years ago by Scott González
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from open to closed