Draggable: HTML IDs are removed when dragging to a Sortable
|Reported by:||azaozz||Owned by:||mikesherov|
This was introduced in #4564 as a bug fix but seems to cause more problems than it fixes.
The patch removes the ID from the draggable element (but doesn't remove the IDs from any child elements) preventing proper handling of that element when it's dropped in the sortable. This breaks the Widgets page in WordPress among other things.
Furthermore this patch doesn't solve the problem of duplicate IDs. If there are child elements with IDs, they still create duplicates.
The solution imho would be to revert that patch, then update the documentation on using both draggable + sortable together. The draggable elements should be without IDs or the author should handle the duplicate IDs.
(Would have set the ticket type as regression if it was available.)
Change History (9)
comment:4 Changed 3 years ago by mikesherov
- Summary changed from HTML IDs are removed when dragging an item from a Draggable to a Sortable to Draggable: HTML IDs are removed when dragging to a Sortable
comment:6 Changed 3 years ago by scottgonzalez
- Status changed from new to open
- Type changed from feature to bug
comment:7 Changed 18 months ago by mikesherov
- Milestone changed from 2.0.0 to none
- Owner set to mikesherov
- Status changed from open to assigned
comment:8 Changed 18 months ago by Mike Sherov
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed