Opened 7 years ago

Closed 5 years ago

#8937 closed bug (fixed)

TestSwarm failures

Reported by: Jörn Zaefferer Owned by:
Priority: major Milestone: git
Component: [meta] ui.dev Version: git (not yet released)
Keywords: Cc:
Blocked by: Blocking:

Description

Collecting current testsuite issues here, as reported by TestSwarm results. Some aren't easily reproducible outside of TestSwarm, so might stick around until we get rid of the iframe-runner (if that's the problem anyway).

Currently we have:

Looking for Mike to take on that dialog issue again.

Change History (13)

comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by Jörn Zaefferer

Milestone: 1.10.0git
Priority: minormajor
Status: newopen

comment:4 Changed 7 years ago by Jörn Zaefferer

Still can't reproduce the Datepicker issue. This is the failing assertion: https://github.com/jquery/jquery-ui/blob/37fda49e3ca65a1fa5f1c6f6a531ec5896c053b1/tests/unit/datepicker/datepicker_options.js#L105 The code triggers a focus event, then checks if the datepicker is visible inside a timeout. Fails only in IE9.

comment:5 Changed 7 years ago by Jörn Zaefferer

Effects are failing in all browsers when running against latest jQuery (git): http://swarm.jquery.org/job/2130

comment:6 Changed 7 years ago by Jörn Zaefferer

Effects issue got resolved in core.

comment:7 Changed 7 years ago by mikesherov

I've gone through and fixed all the tests in all versions of core expect for the dialog and datepicker tests. I've asked scott_gonzalez to tackle those, but I might tackle them myself today.

comment:8 Changed 6 years ago by Jörn Zaefferer

The new Jenkins server is somewhat running. The migration isn't done, but we've got some results to look at: http://swarm.jquery.org/job/559

  • There were Button failures, but those went away after a rerun. Though the Jenkins job didn't see the rerun and marked the job as a failure. May need to adjust the testswarm integration to wait longer for reruns.
  • The Datepicker testsuite got stuck in IE9 and IE10. I tried to reproduce this in BrowserStack and the testsuite finished just fine.
  • Dialog has failing tests in IE7-10. I could reproduce those in BrowserStack (only checked IE7). Failing tests are "events: ensure dialog keeps focus when clicking modal overlay" and "options: #4421 - Focus lost from dialog which uses show-effect" (of course its focus related tests that only fail in IE)
  • Draggable also fails across the IE board. I could reproduce the failures in "core: #5727: draggable from iframe (2, 0, 2)" in BrowserStack, tested with IE7.
  • Droppable has a failing test, "methods: intersect", only in IE7. Also reproducable through BrowserStack.

comment:9 Changed 6 years ago by Jörn Zaefferer

The datepicker issue can be reproduced outside TestSwarm, by putting the test into an iframe.

Here's a jsfiddle demonstrating the issue: http://jsfiddle.net/2aebm/embedded/result/ Based on an earlier build: http://builds.jenkins.jquery.com/jquery-ui/b5c41a2b33311d2de8f0b473cc454bd281ea0ad1/tests/unit/datepicker/datepicker.html?nojshint=true From this result: http://swarm.jquery.org/result/394836 It times out on "datepicker: options: invocation"

Eventually the html file for the build will be deleted. Just pick a recent commit to reproduce in that case.

comment:10 Changed 6 years ago by Jörn Zaefferer

Current status:

  • Menu tests fail in IE7, still related to the change in menu styles and key handling tests, e.g. http://swarm.jquery.org/result/1211052 - this is reproducable in BrowserStack with WinXP and IE7
  • Datepicker tests still get stuck in IE9 and IE10, in IE9 at the "options: invocation" test. Still not reproducable in BrowserStack. Running the swarm URL doesn't help. Putting it in an iframe, as described in my previous comment, doesn't seem to help anymore either.
  • Focus-related failures in dialog tests in Opera 15, e.g. http://swarm.jquery.org/result/1210973 - not reproducable in BrowserStack
  • A bunch of Draggable failures in IE7, 8, 9 and 10 and Opera 12.10, also one Droppable failure in IE7. Haven't yet tried to reproduce those.

There's more random failures, e.g. in Safari 5.1. Those don't show up consistently, so I ignored them for now.

comment:11 Changed 6 years ago by Jörn Zaefferer

Menu and Datepicker failures are no more. Dialog in Opera 15, Draggable and Droppable issues still remain.

comment:12 Changed 6 years ago by Jörn Zaefferer

I’ve debugged the droppable failure and ended up with a wrong property on the draggable instance. In the intersection test from droppable_methods.js, the draggable’s instance offset.click.left/top properties have the value 3 in IE7, but 5 in Chrome. Since the test requires pixel precision, this 2px offset causes several of the assertions to fail.

comment:13 Changed 5 years ago by mikesherov

Resolution: fixed
Status: openclosed

I believe these are all resolved now. Closing.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.