Effects: .hide() inconsistent with core with a hidden parent
|Reported by:||drulia||Owned by:||drulia|
I saw old bug reports about this issue in jQuery itself, which got fixed, but the issue wasn't fixed in jQuery UI.
Here is a JSFiddle http://jsfiddle.net/drulia/BtwJJ/
Basically if the element's parent is hidden, the element doesn't get hidden styles itself, though hide function is executed and callback is called. Also it works properly using jQuery version of hide function. Therefore it makes confusion when function with same name has different behaviours.
Change History (5)
comment:2 Changed 3 years ago by drulia
- Status changed from pending to new
comment:3 Changed 3 years ago by tj.vantoll
- Status changed from new to open
- Summary changed from hide doesn't element with hidden parent to hide inconsistent with core with a hidden parent
comment:4 Changed 3 years ago by scottgonzalez
- Component changed from ui.effects.* (individual effect) to ui.effects.core
- Milestone changed from none to 1.10.2
- Summary changed from hide inconsistent with core with a hidden parent to Effects: .hide() inconsistent with core with a hidden parent