Draggable: helper function cannot emulate default behavior
|Reported by:||Bob Stein, VisiBone||Owned by:||Bob Stein, VisiBone|
In the .draggable() widget, the "helper" object is what visually moves around the screen while dragging. The default behavior has the draggable element itself serve as the helper object.
When specifying a helper function, I sometimes want to mimic this default condition, where the helper is the draggable. But returning the draggable element (as a jQuery object) doesn't do this, that just makes the helper invisible.
In this jsfiddle demo, the first img drags, but the second doesn't seem to budge. The dragging is going on however, a stop function would get called.
Using jQuery 1.10.2, UI 1.10.3 in my application and seeing this. The jsfiddle demo uses 1.9.1/1.9.2
Change History (12)
comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by tj.vantoll
- Status changed from new to open
- Summary changed from .draggable() helper function, cannot emulate default behavior to Draggable: helper function cannot emulate default behavior
comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by scottgonzalez
- Owner set to Bob Stein, VisiBone
- Status changed from open to pending
comment:11 Changed 3 years ago by Mike Sherov
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from open to closed