Sortable: over & out events does not consistently fire
|Reported by:||saluce65||Owned by:|
Dragging draggables over a sortable that is further connected to another sortable is not firing the oversortable event as expected.
In the attached demo, I have a single list of draggable items (in the "Available Column" box), which is then connected to three different sortables. When the sortable is connected to another sortable (besides itself), the oversortable event does not fire when dragging the draggable over the sortable. The event does, however, fire when dragging from one sortable to another.
Steps to reproduce:
- Open the demo code.
- Open the dev tools console.
- Drag from the "Available Columns" list to the "Display Columns" list.
- Observe that the oversortable event does not fire.
- Drag from the "Available Columns" list to the "Group/Sort" list.
- Observe that the oversortable event does fire (group/sort is not connected to another sortable).
- Drag from the "Available Columns" list to the "Filter" list.
- Observe that the oversortable event does fire (filter is connected to itself).
In jQueryUI 1.10.1, when the oversortable event was firing on every pixel movement of the mouse, the event fired perfectly over all three sortables. However, when this bug was fixed in 1.10.2, it introduced a new bug (which actually existed in 1.8.24) where the oversortable event wasn't firing over sortables that connected to other sortables.
Demo of code: http://jsbin.com/ahetev/5/edit
Change History (23)
comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by tj.vantoll
- Status changed from new to open
- Summary changed from Draggable connected to Sortable that further connects to another sortable doesn't fire the oversortable event to Sortable: oversortable event does not consistently fire
comment:10 Changed 3 years ago by tj.vantoll
- Summary changed from Sortable: oversortable event does not consistently fire to Sortable: over & out events does not consistently fire
comment:21 Changed 3 years ago by Andrei Picus
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from open to closed